Change Your Thinking + Change Your Life
What if I told you that you could change your life by simply changing the way that you think? So many of us are going through life angry, upset, and disappointed, and we don't have to be. Changing the way that you think and view the world around you can have a great impact on your life!
Recently, I found myself constantly complaining about everything! I was complaining about school, complaining about having to go to work, complaining that it was too cold, or too windy. Eventually, I started to get on my own nerves.
Change Your Thinking
I'm in a great place in life right now and I'm tainting it with my own thoughts and complaints. I made one little decision and it has truly changed the way I see life. I decided to stop saying "I have to..." and start saying "I get to...".
This morning as I was waiting for the bus I started to complain about how cold it was. I immediately caught myself and started thinking, "God, I am so grateful that I get to wake up every morning and leave my house." After that one statement I started to look around and see the beauty in the things around me. I enjoyed the warmth of the sun on my face and the way my body swayed when the wind blew against my back (okay, that part wasn't all that beautiful, but you get the point!)
Most of us could easily change our lives just by changing our perspectives. The reason why most of us don't is because we enjoy playing the victim. This might sound a little harsh, but it's the truth. And yes, I'm including myself! We enjoy wallowing in our sorrows and receiving sympathy because of it. We ignore the five things that are going well in our lives and focus only on the one thing that's going wrong. Somehow, we've come to the point where it's okay to have a struggle mindset.
What is a struggle mindset?
A struggle mindset is a negative mental attitude that focuses solely on what could be better in your life. This mindset conditions you to stay a victim, instead of becoming a victor! If you want to change your life, you have to get out of that mindset.
Here are ten quotes about the importance of having a positive mindset:
- Your mind is a powerful thing. When you fill it with positive thoughts, your life will start to change.
- A positive attitude gives you power over your circumstances instead of your circumstances having power over you.
- A positive attitude causes a chain reaction of positive thoughts, events, and outcomes. It is a catalyst and it sparks extraordinary results.
- You may not be able to control every situation and its outcome, but you can control your attitude and how you deal with it.
- I have the ability to choose how I approach each situation I encounter. Therefore, I approach each moment with a positive mindset.
- You can't live a positive life with a negative mind.
- Life is 10% of what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it.
- Turn your face to the sun and the shadow falls behind you.
- A positive mindset comes from making a conscious and continuous decision to choose positivity.
- Positive thinking and positive attitude attracts prosperity, peace and happiness. It also exposes us towards the path of achievements and success.
Just Let It Go
When you let go of struggle, the things in your life that do not benefit you and are not apart of God's plan for your life slowly fall away. You gain freedom and you gain energy that you SHOULD be investing into your living your best life.
I know this sounds easier said than done, but that's with a lot of things in life. It takes mustard seed sized faith that God has a plan for you and if you stop to listen to Him for just a second, He will tell you what your next move should be. Letting go of the mindset of struggle is simply a choice. I don't have five magic steps that will help you do it.
You may not be ready to let go of the struggle mindset completely. However you can be more conscious in your day-to-day life and try to catch yourself when you start to think or meditate on your problems and issues.
If you don't take anything else from this post, I want you to know that what you think about constantly will manifest in your life. So be positive, be wealthy, and be happy! As always I want to thank God for using me as His messenger. If no one has told you recently, you are loved and you are worthy. You mean something to me and you mean something to God. He has a great plan for your life if you make the decision to follow Him. I hope that this post will resonate with you in your day-to-day life as you began to work on the things that are stopping you from living your best life.