5 Simple Morning Routine Habits for a Successful Day
Recently I read The Worn Out Woman by Dr. Steve Stephens & Alice Gray. It was an amazing book with practical tips to help you relax, regroup, and enjoy life. One of the chapters is all about starting your day right. Below is an excerpt from that chapter:
"What happens in the morning is important, because how you start off each morning sets the stage for the rest of your day. It positions your energy, your mood, and your attitude for all that is to follow. If your morning does not begin well, the rest of the day becomes a little more difficult. But a well-orchestrated morning can set up a positive melody that carries you through the most challenging and draining of days."
If you're like me, you start your day by pressing snooze on your alarm multiple times and jumping out of the bed at the absolute last minute. You grab the first outfit you see in your closet (or out of the pile of laundry that you never put away) and settle for doing nothing to your hair. This type of routine does not set you up for a successful day. Instead, try these five simple morning routine habits to increase your productivity and make your day more successful.
1. Pick out your clothes the night before - This way you don't stress about finding something to wear in the morning!
2. Wake up earlier and ease into the morning - Set your alarm for earlier time so that you can ease into the morning and not have to rush out of bed. If you know that you like to lay in the bed for fifteen extra minutes, then set your alarm for fifteen minutes before you actually need to get up!
3. Pray over your day - The best way to have a productive and successful day is to pray over it! Go to God with all of your concerns, all of your desires, and ask Him what you will.
4. Drink a glass of water as soon as you wake up - This will get your metabolism going, help your body flush out toxins, and wake up your body.
5. Read a devotional, your bible, or write in a journal - I have created a product that combines ALL three of these things!! I created a devotional journal that gives you a scripture and devotion each day, along with places to write out daily gratitude, affirmations, and goals. This journal is now available in our shop. Journaling and getting the Word in the morning leaves you feeling refreshed, positive, and gives you the confidence you need to go into the day ready to conquer the world. To purchase the journal, just click the image below.
So those are five simple things that you can do each morning to have a successful day. If you have any tips for things that we can do in the morning, comment them down below!