25 Ways to Practice Self Care That Won't Break the Bank
Happy International Self Care Day! In case you want to celebrate but don't want to indulge in anything that might break the bank, here are twenty-five ways to practice self care today that are free or low cost:
25 Ways to Practice Self Care
1. Declutter your life - physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually
2. Have an intense workout or go for a walk
3. Watch your favorite movie
4. Get a massage - look on Groupon for any coupons for places near you
5. Take a warm bath with soft music playing in the background
6. Meditate on your favorite affirmations
7. Read inspirational quotes or watch motivational videos
8. Laugh! - search for funny dad jokes on Google or find a stand up comedy show to watch on Youtube
9. Write down every "I can't" statement you can think of and turn it into "I will"
10. Write your thoughts + feelings in a journal
11. Make a gratitude list
12. Make a list of everything that you love about yourself
13. Listen to all of your favorite songs
14. Go to sleep earlier than usual
15. Read a book that you've been meaning to read
16. Light your favorite candle
17. Take a 24 hour break from social media
18. Stretch or do yoga - you can find amazing, free videos on Youtube
19. Have a solo dance party! (or invite some friends)
20. Write yourself a love letter
21. Cook your favorite meal for dinner
22. Do something creative - write, sing, play an instrument, draw, etc.
23. Spend some quality time with God - no distractions, just you and Him
24. Give yourself a mani/pedi
25. Grab the GROW Devotional Journal
This journal contains 30 days of devotions on topics such as God’s love for us, forgiveness, relationships, and jealousy. There is space to write out your morning and night prayers, goals, affirmations, and gratitude lists. This journal is printed on high quality paper and sized at 5.5 x 8.5, so it is perfect to take with you on the go. This journal will give you the push you need to live a more positive, purposeful, and powerful life.
That's it! Self care is always necessary, but it doesn't have to be expensive. If you have some other suggestions, leave them in the comment section below!